Pace University’s MS in Cybersecurity will train you for the tech workforce of the future, where you can join a growing set of highly skilled cyber warriors that serve and protect people and their data. With a master’s degree in Cybersecurity, you will be in the perfect position to join the ranks of security professionals who work to defend individuals, businesses, government, and not-for-profit organizations from hackers, phishing scams, data theft, and more.
Our curriculum blends theoretical and practical cyber defense knowledge to develop strong problem-solving abilities. Through virtual labs and project-based learning, students not only gain vital information security knowledge, but they get the opportunity to put theory into practice. Our courses adhere to the NSA’s rigorous set of standards and equip professionals with the in-demand skills employers look for. Because of this, our program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE).
Our 30-credit-hour online program can be completed in only 1 year, full-time or 2 years, part-time. We offer two concentrations and a general track:
· The Cyber Operations concentration focuses on the technical aspects of protecting computing systems, reconnaissance, and exploitation in cyberspace.
· The Cybersecurity Leadership concentration prepares students for cybersecurity leadership roles such as chief information security officer, with knowledge of technology, policy, risk management, and governance.
· Students who choose not to specialize can complete a general track, in which they choose elective courses from a curated list of cybersecurity-related topics.
Those without the below prerequisite courses can still apply, but will be required to take these courses prior to beginning the core courses in the program.
Prerequisite courses including:
- CS601C or Equivalencies: Computational Statistics
- IS612, CS502 or Equivalencies: Introduction to Coding or Fundamental Computer Science I Using Java
- IS632 or Equivalencies: Business Data Communications
Interested in learning more? Pace University hosts a virtual open house (VOH) periodically throughout the year. View the schedule and register for an upcoming VOH.